Your artwork is nice for sure, but I just couldn't really get around a couple of things:
1) Her pose seems a little awkward to me, but that's negligable really
2) Lack of variety, I thumbed through your available options and was finished within a couple minutes. For this same reason, I wasn't really able to give this doll (that's all a dress-up game really is, dressing dolls) a "personal" feel.
However, like I said before, I do really like your artwork.
1) First off, no preloader
2) Right Click > Play.... Gets you right past that password bullshit
3) You say it's a "demo" but all this really is is a main menu that shows what looks to be a really crappy control scheme.
4) No gameplay whatsoever
5) Your music is obnoxious
This is actually a really great game! How did this only get daily 3rd? This at the very least deserves front page. You just don't see very many games like this.
I like the old arcade style, I like the fast pace, and I like the motion blur effects.
5/5 and 10/10 goood job
Interesting concept, but it's easy and a little monotonous. All you really seam to have for variety is a special tile with a button. You should think of other things to throw in, like maybe "warp" tiles or tiles that you can't move.
But I do like the overall style of the game and how smoothly it all transitions (which is why I'm giving it a 7).
Generally not my type of game...
But it was very well made. It's not often you see a Flash game with destructable enviroments. Good job!
Like a lot of others before me, I am a fan of "Magic: The Gathering" and I'm also a big fan of H.P. Lovecraft. I love the artwork, and the game play itself was interesting. Before I knew it I found myself playing for 2 hours already, and I still haven't reached the last rank! >.<
If you ever decide to make another game like this you should also see if you can come up with a deck-building mechanic.
Good work =) 5/5
You could have at least tried to stylize this or something....
For future reference...
the only good ways to use a side-scrolling system is either in a platformer or hack-n-slash. If your trying to pass this off as a "hack-n-slash" you failed. You should work on making the game run more smoothly because lets face it, not everyone has a good computer. And then rather than increasing your strength, speed, or other rpg stats, you need to have the player unlock various combos that they can use.
But still... this wasn't a completely horrible game, and I'll give credit where it's due. Just please don't ever make a side-scroller RPG again.
1) You should make the damage hit area for the second boss a little smaller
2) An A.I. for some of the enemies (especially the bosses) would make this more challenging
3) You should either have a mana-based system for the spells or a cooldown between each cast. Otherwise you can literally rapidly press A, S, D, and F and take almost no damage.
4) Your artwork was refreshing, but I was a bit disappointed with the last area.
Other than that though, it was a good game. Though I probably won't ever play this again.
This is a REALLY good concept for a flash game. The only issues I find with it is that it is too hard at the start and that there isn't any sound. Try to add a little... erm... "flare" to the game and you definitely have a game worthy of front page.
- Please remake this game even if it passes judgement.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.